« AnteriorContinua »
77. A SKETCH of ANCIENT and MODERN GEOGRAPHY, for the Use of Schools. By SAMUEL BUTLER, D.D. F.R.S. and S.A. &c. Archdeacon of Derby, Head Master of the Royal Free Grammar School of Shrewsbury. A New Edition. 1 Vol. 8vo. 9s. Bds.
the present edition of this little work, the Author has made some very important ad. ditions, chiefly in the Modern part of it.
By the same Author, ATLAS of MODERN GEOGRA- GENERAL ATLAS of ANCIENT
PHY, consisting of 22 Coloured Maps, and MODERN GEOGRAPHY, 43 Cofrom a New Set of Plates, corrected to loured Maps, and two Indexes. ll. 43. 1829, with a complete Index of all the half-bound. Names. 128. half bound.
** The Indexes, now for the first time
appended to these Atlases, contain the laATLAS of ANCIENT GEOGRA
titude and longitude of all the places : and PHY, consisting of 21 Coloured Maps in that of the Ancient Atlas, the quantities with a complete accentuated Index. 128. are also marked. half-bound.
OUTLINE MAPS of ANCIENT OUTLINE GEOGRAPHICAL CO
GEOGRAPHY; being a Selection, by
Dr. Butler, from D'Anville's Ancient PY-BOOKS, in 4to, with the Lines of La
Atlas : intended as Practical Exercises titude and Longitude oply; intended as for the Pupil to fill up, on Drawing CoPractical Exercises for the Pupil to fill lombier, folio. Price 108. 60. up, from Dr. Butler's Atlases of Ancient
A PRAXIS on the LATIN PREPOand Modern Geography, and designed as an Accompaniment. 4s. each, sewed ;
SITIONS, being an Attempt to illustrate or 7s.6d, together.
their Origin, Power, and Signification, in the way of Exercise, for the Use of Schools.
3d Edition. In 8vo. Price 7s, 6d, Bound.
78. A TREATISE on the VALUATION of PROPERTY for the POOR'S RATE; shewing the Method of rating Lands, Buildings, Tithes, Mines, Woods, River and Canal Tolls, and Personal Property. With an Abstract of the Poor Laws relating to Rates and Appeals. By J. S. BAYLDON, Land Agent and Appraiser. In 8vo. price 7s.6d.
By the same Author, The ART of VALUING RENTS and TILLAGES, and the Tenant's Right on entering and quitting Farnis, explaived by several Specimens of Valuations, and Remarks on the Cultivation pursued on Soils in different Situations. Adapted to the Use of Landlords, Land-Agents, Appraisers, Farmers, and Tenants. The Third Edition, in 8vo. Price 78. Bds. with the Plan of a Farm of 252 Acres.
79. TRAVELS of the RUSSIAN MISSION through MONGOLJA to CHINA, and RESIDENCE in PEKING, in the years 1820-21. By Geo. TYMKOWSKI, With Corrections and Notes, by JULIUS VON KLAPROTH. Illustrated by Maps, Plates, &c. &c. In 2 Vols. 8vo. Price 11. 109. Bds
80. The LINNEAN SYSTEM of CONCHOLOGY. By J. Mawe. 8vo. with a Plate to each Genera (86); plain, 11. ls. ; coloured after nature, 21. 128. 6d.
By the same Author, New DESCRIPTIVE CATALOGUE Secondary, and Coal Formation. The
of MINERALS, greatly extended, with 8th Edition, 6s. 6d. Bds. Diagrams of their Simple Forms. 7th
This little work is written from prac. Edition. Price 6s.
tice, and conducts the learner into the
earliest way of discriminating minerals. TREATISE on DIAMONDS and TRAVELS through the GOLD and PRECIOUS STONES, with coloured
DIAMOND DISTRICT of BRAZIL,
with "TOPOGRAPHICAL PLATES of Plates, describing the Method of disco. vering the real Gem from Composition,
the MINES, shewing the Mode of Workwith a Scale of the Size, Appearance, and
ing ; also the state of Agriculture, ComValue of Diamonds, polished or rough.
merce, &c. New Edition, with various 2d Edition. Price 155.
other Plates, and Map of the Author's Route. 18s.
The Mines working by the Brazilian LESSONS on MINERALOGY and
Company are particularly noticed.
INTRODUCTION to the STUDY of Mine at Matlock, and Thirty various CONCHOLOGY. 8vo. with 7 Plates, 3s, Minerals ; also Plates of the Primitive, plain, or 146, coloured.
AFRICA DESCRIBED in its Ancient and Present State, including
By the same Author,
2d Edit. Price 6s. Bds.
2d Edit. Price 6s. Bds.
piece. Price 6s. Bds. 2d Edit.
*, * The Work is to be completed in Fourteen Parts, forming Seven 8vo. Volumes.
The Three following Numbers, to complete the Work, will be published in the course of
The whole will comprise a Series of 84 Illustrations, of superior in-
By the same Author,
imp. 4to. 61. 6s.; cr. fol. 91. 93. ; sup..
Winchester, 30 Engravings, med. 4to. 31. 38.;
imp. 4to. 51. 5s.; cr. fol, 81. ; sup.-roy.
fol. 111. Bds.
Oxford, with 11 Engravings, med. 4to. ll. 4s.;
TION of REDCLIFFE CHURCH, Canterbury, 26 Engravings, med. 4to. 31. 35.;
Wells, with 24 Engravings, med. 4to. 21. 108.;
of ENGLAND; or, an Historical, Archi- proofs and etchings, 161. 16s.
imp. 4to. 41. 48. ; sup.-roy.fol. 81. 16s. Bds.
and 11. in Imperial 4to. ; 44 Numbers are imp. 31. 3s, with proofs & etchings, 61.6s;
The ARCHITECTURAL ANTIQUI-
TIES of GREAT BRITAIN. In 4 Vols.
Med. 4to. 211. ; or Imp. 4to. 321. half-bd.
imp. 4to. 41. 4s.; cr. fol. 61. 10s.; supo- CAL ILLUSTRATIONS of the AN.
CIENT ARCHITECTURE of GREAT
Il. 188.; imperial 4to. 31. 38. ; sup-roy. fol. 61. 129. small paper, and 111, large paper.
To correspond with the "Architectural An-
Printed for Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, and Green.
The Memoir separate, with Portrait, 48. sewed.
By the same Author,
KNIGHTHOOD and ITS TIMES. 20 DUCAS, in various Countries of Europe,
at the Revival of Letters and Arts.-
“ These volumes are composed with an intimate knowledge of the subject, with an undeviating aim
By the same Author,
trative of artificial, as well as natural of PHYSIOLOGICAL and SYSTEMA-
loured, 11. 8s. Bds.
A SELECTION of the CORRES-
PONDENCE of LINNÆUS, and other
Naturalists. In 2 Vols. 8vo. ll. Jos.
The Author of this work is the celebrated Restaurateur in the Rue Richelieu, in Paris,
By the same Author,
“ This answers more completely to the proper notion of an Introduction to Botany than any work we
91. INSTRUCTIONS to YOUNG SPORTSMEN in all that relates to Guns and Shooting ; Difference between the Flint and Percussion System; PRESERVA. TION of Game ; Getting Access to all Kinds of Birds; Specific Directions, with new Appa. ratus for Wild Fowl SHOOTING, both on the Coast and in Fresh Water, with which are in. troduced, New Directions for Trout Fishing. An Epitome of the present, and a few Suggestions for a Code of New GAME Laws, with Observations and Advice to the Young Sportsman on other Subjects. By Lieut. Col. P. HAWKER. A New Edition, enlarged and improved, with Ten Plates. In | Vol. 8vo Price 18s. Bds.
92. The only complete Editions of The REMAINS of HENRY KIRKE WHITE, selected, with prefatory Remarks, by ROBERT SOUTHEY, Esq. In 2 Vols. Price II. 4s. And in 1 Vol. 24mo. with engraved title and vignettes. Price 5s. Bds.
N. B. The property of the Family having been invaded, it is necessary to state, that these are the only Editions which contain the Life by Mr. Southey, and the whole of the contents of ihe Third Voluine. Also may be liad, separately, VOLUME THE THIRD, of the first Edition. In 8vo.
Price 9s. Bds.
93. COMING OUT, and the FIELD of the FORTY FOOT. STEPS, BY JANE & ANNA MARIA PORTER. In 3 Vols. 12mo. 11. 108.
94. DETRACTION DISPLAYED. By AMELIA Opie. In 1 Vol. J2mo. Price 7s. 6d.
By the same Author, ILLUSTRATIONS of LYING, in all NEW TALES. 4 Vols. 12mo, 3d its Branches. 3d Edit. in 2 Vols. 12mo. Edition, il. gs. bds.
00s. 64. bds. MADELINE. A Tale. In 2 Vols. VALENTINE'S EVE. A Novel. 12mo. Price 14s. bds.
8 Vols. 12mo, 2d Edit. Price 11. )s bds. The FATHER and DAUGHTER. A
Tale. 8th Edit. frontis.4s. 6d. bds. TEMPER; or DOMESTIC SCEMES. TALES of the HEART. 4 Vols. A Tale. Third Edition, Three Volumes, 12mo. 2d Edition, 11. 8s. bds.
12mo. Price 11. ls, bds.
The MEDICAL GUIDE: for the Use of the Clergy, Heads of Families and Seminaries, and Junior Practitioners. By RICHARD Recce, M.D. Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of London, &c. A New Edition, being the Fifteenth, considerably enlarged. 128. Bds.
96. PLAIN INSTRUCTIONS to EXECUTORS and ADMINISTRATORS, sbewing the Duties and Responsibilities incident to the due Performance of their Trusts; with Directions respecting the Probate of Wills, and taking out Letters of Administration, &c. &c. In a small 8vo. Volume. 2nd Edit. Price bs. rewed.
97. The HISTORY of the REIGN of GEORGE the THIRD. By ROBERT Bisset, LL.D. Author of the Life of Burke, &c. &c. A new Edition, completed to the Death of the King, in 6 Vols. 8vo. Price 31. 3s. bds.
98. An EXPLANATORY PRONOUNCING DICTIONARY of the FRENCH LANGUAGE, in French and English. To which are prefixed, the Principles of the French Pronunciation, Prefatory Directions for using the Spelling Representative of every Sound, and the Conjugation of the Verbs regular, Irregular, and defective, with their true Pronunciation. By L'ABBE TARDy, late Master of Arts in the University at Paria. In 12mo, a new Edition, revised, Price 68. Bound.
Printed for Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, and Green. 3
99. SELECT WORKS of the BRITISH POETS, with Biographical and Critical Prefaces; being a Library of Classical English Poetry. By DR. AIKIN. In 10 Vols. post 18mo. price 21. in royal 18mo. to match the British Essayists and Novelists, 31. ; and complete, in 1 Vol. 8vo. for Schools, &c. 185.
100. CONVERSATIONS on the ENGLISH CONSTITUTION. In 12mo. price 8s.
" In the course of our Conversations, I design, in the first place, to present to you an historical sketch of the history of our Constitution, from its rise at the Conquest, to its establishment at the Revolution of 1688. Having given you a general historical sketch of the Constitution, propose to examine, rather more in detail, the character and history of the regal power and of the legislaiive bodies."-Preface.
101. CONVERSATIONS on the ANIMAL ECONOMY. Ву PHYSICIAN. 2 Vols. 12mo. illustrated by Plates, &c. Price 16s.
"The Author, in our opinion, has succeeded in producing, for the instruction of the general reader, and even the learned, an accurate, interesting, and highly amusing account of the animal Economy," Jameson's Philosophical Journal.
102. CONVERSATIONS on MYTHOLOGY. In 1 Vol. 12mo. Price 5s. Bds.
103. CONVERSATIONS on BOTANY, with Twenty-one Engravings. The Sixth Edition, enlarged, in 1 Vol. 12mo. Price 7s.6d. plain, or 128. coloured.
104. CONVERSATIONS on MINERALOGY; with Plates, engraved by Mr. and Miss LOWRY,
from Original Drawings, comprising upwards of 400 Figures of Minerals, including 12 beautifully coloured Specimens. Second Edit. in 2 Vols. 12mo. Price 14s. Bds.
“ The plan of these Conversations is happily conceived, and it is executed with ability and taste. The Author has studiously avoided all unnecessary parade of technical diction, has rendered the doctrine of Crystallography more familiar than heretofore to the Tyro in Mineralogy, and has included some of the most recently discovered Substances. We may, therefore, aphesitatingly characterise this Work as one of the most desirable Test Books that have issued from the British Press."-Monthly Review, Dec. 1892.
105. CONVERSATIONS on the EVIDENCES of CHRISTIA. NITY ; in which the leading Arguments of the best Authors are arranged, developed, and connected with each other for the Use of Young Persons and Theological Students. In I Vol. 12mo. Price 8s. Bds.
106. CONVERSATIONS on ALGEBRA; being an Introduction to the First Principles of that Science, designed for those who have not the Advantage of a Tutor, as well as for the Use of Students in Schools. By W. CULE. 12mo. 78, Bds.
107. CONVERSATIONS on VEGETABLE PHYSIOLOGY; comprehending the Elements of Botany, with their Application to Agriculture. 2 vols. 12mo. with Plates. Nearly ready.
By the same Author, CONVERSATIONS ON CHEMIS. | CONVERSATIONS on NATURAL
TRY. In which the Elements of that PHILOSOPHY. 5th Edition, 108, 6d. Science are familiarly explained and il- Bds. With 22 Engravings by Lowry. lustrated by Experiments. In this Edi. tion & Conversation has been added on
CONVERSATIONS on POLITICAL the Steam Engine. The Ilth Edition, ECONOMY. Sixth Edition, in 12mo. revised and improved, in 2 Vols. 12mo. 93. Bds. with Plates by Lowry, 14s. Bds.
108. A Genuine and Correct REPORT of the SPEECHES of the late Right Hon. WILLIAM PITT, in the House of Commons. In 3 Vols. 8vo. 11. 168. bda.