« AnteriorContinua »
306. ? foh. 9. Whosoever transgresseth,and abi
deth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not GOD; He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
307. Jude 1. To them that are sanctified by
GOD the Father, and preserved in Jefus
20, 21. Praying in the Holy Ghost ; Keep yourselves in the Love of GOD, looking for the Mercy of our Lord Jefus Christ unto eternal Life.
309. Rev. 1, 1. The Revelation of Jefus Christ,
which GOD gave unto him.
310. 2. Who bare Record of the Word of
GOD, and of the Testimony of Jesus Christ.
5,6. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our Sins in his own Blood;
And hath made us Kings and Priests unto GOD and his Father.
for the Word of GOD, and for the Testimony of Jesus Christ.
I was in the Spirit &c.
ii, 7. To him that overcometh, will I[viz. Christ] give to eat of the Tree of Life, which is in the midst of the Paradise of GOD.
314. Rev.iii, 1. These things faith He, that hath
the seven Spirits of GOD.
315. 2. For I (viz. Christ] have not found
thy Works perfect beforę GOD.
12. Him that overcometh, will I make a Pillar in the Temple of my GOD; and I will write upon him the Name of my GOD, and the Name of the City of my GOT, which cometh down out of Heaven from my GOD,
317. 14. These things faith the Amen, the
faithful and true Witness, the Beginning [å asx, the + Head) of the Creation of GOD.
+ See Coloff. i, 18; and No 672.
iv ; 5. And there were seven Lamps of Fire burning before the Throne, which are the seven Spirits of GOD,
V, 6. A Lamb, havingseven Eyes, which are the seven Spirits of GOD, sent forth into all the Earth.
320. 9, 10. Thou waft slain, and hast redeemed us to GOD by
us to GOD by thy Blood, And hast made us unto our GOD, Kings and Priests,
321. Rev. vii, 10. To our GOD which fit
teth upon the Throne, and to the Lamb.
have washed their Robes, and made them white in the Blood of the Lamb.
Therefore are they before the Throne of GOD; and he that sitteth on the Throne, shall dwell amongst them.
17. For the Lamb which is in the midst of the Throne, shall feed them; GOD shall wipe away all Tears from their Eyes.
the Kingdom of our GOD, and the Power of his Cbrist.
17. Which keep the Commandments of GOD, and have the Testimony of Jesus Christ.
326. xiv, 4. Being the First-fruits unto
GOD, and to the Lamb.
10. The Wrath of GOD,in the presence of the Lamb.
12. That keep the Commandments of GOD, and the Faich of Jesus.
329. Rev. xix, 9. - unto the Marriage-Supper
of the Lamb : And he saith unto me, These are the true Sayings of GOD.
10. Worship GOD: For the Testimony of Jesus, is of the Spirit of Prophecy. | Sce N
13. And his Name is called, The Word of GOD.
XX, 4. that were beheaded for the witness of Fefus, and for the Word of GOD
6. They shall be Priests of GOD,
and of Christ.
For the Glory of GOD did lighten it, and the Lamb is the Light thereof.
335. xxii, 1. Proceeding out of the
Throne of GOD, and of the Lamb.
3. The Throne of GOD andof the Lamb shall be in it; And his Servants shall serve him.
In all these Paffages, the Father is stiled GOD absolutely, by way of Eminence ; The Construction it self
necessarily confining the Word, God, to the Person of the Father only. It is Reasonable in all other places of the New Testament, to understand the Word in the same Sense; excepting those passages, which are hereafter set down, wherein the Perfon of the Son singly, is likewise stiled God.
S E C T. III.
The Passages, wherein he is stiled God with some peculiar high Titles, Epithets, or Attributes; which, tho' Most of them indeed not incommunicable, yet in the New Testament are (generally, if not) always by way of Supreme Emi
nency ascribed to the Person of the Father only. 337. AT. xi, 25. I thank thee, O Father, ,
Lord of Heaven and Earth,
XV, 31. They glorified the God of If
xvi, 16. Christ, the Son of the Living God.
How This is the Character of the Father, See
N° 789, 798, 583, 370, 378.
There is none Good, but One, [*Ess, one