A Cabinet of Mathematical Curiosities at Teachers College: David Eugene Smith's Collection
Docent Press, 2013 - 375 pàgines
George A. Plimpton (1855 - 1936) created the Permanent Educational Exhibit that housed both modern educational items, as well as, historical pieces for display. Since Smith and Plimpton were great friends and fellow collectors, Smith's collection was included in the historical section of Plimpton's establishment. Unfortunately, due to the hard times of the world at this moment, the Permanent Educational Exhibit closed in 1917. Smith continued to exhibit his collection of mathematical artifacts through the Museums of the Peaceful Arts, founded by George F. Kunz (1856 - 1932), the New York Museum of Science and Industry, Teachers College, and Columbia University. Smith's research, teaching, and publications were directly influenced by his collection. Throughout most of his published works are images and photographs of items in his collection. He also believed in the importance of having primary sources included in mathematics education. This view he followed in his own teaching, which included research in his collection.
Què en diuen els usuaris - Escriviu una ressenya
No hem trobat cap ressenya als llocs habituals.