« AnteriorContinua »
THE UNITED KINGDOM
GREAT BRITAIN AND IRELAND,
5 & 6 WILLIAM IV. 1835.
Printed by His Majesty's Printers;
(Price 18s. in Boards.)
Containing the TITLES of all
Passed in the FIRST Session of the TWELFTH Parliament
The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland ;
5° & 6° GULIELMI IV.
PUBLIC GENERAL ACTS.
1. AN Act to explain an Act of the First Year of His present Majesty, for the more effectual Administration of Justice in England and Wales, so far as relates to the Execution of Criminals in the County of Chester. Page 1 2 An Act to amend an Act of the Thirty-eighth Year of King George the Third, for preventing the Mischiefs arising from the printing and publishing Newspapers, and Papers of a like Nature, by Persons not known, and for regulating the Printing and Publication of such Papers in other respects; and to discontinue certain Actions commenced under the Provisions of the said Act.
3. An Act to apply certain Sums to the Service of the Year One thousand eight hundred and thirty-five.
4. An Act for raising the Sum of Fifteen Millions by Exchequer Bills, for the Service of the Year One thousand eight hundred and thirty-five.
5. An Act for punishing Mutiny and Desertion, and for the better Payment of the Army and their Quarters. Ibid. 6. An Act to indemnify the Governor General and other Persons in respect of certain Acts done in the Administration of the Government of the British Territories in the East Indies subsequent to the Twenty-second Day of April One thousand eight hundred and thirty-four, and to make those Acts valid.
7. An Act for the Regulation of His Majesty's Royal Marine Forces while on Shore.
8. An Act for the more effectual Abolition of Oaths and Affirmations taken and made in various Departments of the State, and to substitute Declarations in lieu thereof; and for the more entire Suppression of voluntary and extra-judicial Oaths and Affidavits.
9. An Act to apply a Sum of Eight Millions, out of the Consolidated Fund, to the Service of the Year One thousand eight hundred and thirty-five. 10. An Act to allow, until the Twenty-eighth Day of July One thousand eight hundred and thirty-five, the Importation of certain Articles, Duty-free, into the Island of Dominica, and to indemnify the Governor and others for having permitted the Importation of such Articles Duty-free. 11. An Act to indemnify such Persons in the United Kingdom as have omitted to qualify themselves for Offices and Employments, and for extending the Time limited for those Purposes respectively until the Twenty-fifth Day of March One thousand eight hundred and thirty six; to permit such Persons in Great Britain as have omitted to make and file Affidavits of the Execution of Indentures of Clerks to Attornies and Solicitors to make and file the same on or before the First Day of Hilary Term One thousand eight hundred and thirty-six; and to allow Persons to make and file such Affidavits, although the Persons whom they served shall have neglected to take out their Annual Certificates.
12. An Act for continuing to His Majesty, until the Fifth Day of July One thousand eight hundred and thirty-six, certain Duties on Sugar imported into the United Kingdom, for the Service of the Year One thousand eight hundred and thirty-five. 13. An Act to regulate the Importation of Corn into the Isle of Ibid. 14. An Act to continue to the Thirty-first Day of December One thousand eight hundred and thirty-six, and from thence to the End of the then next Session of Parliament, an Act of the Tenth Year of His late Majesty's Reign, for providing for the Government of His Majesty's Settlements in Western Australia on the Western Coast of New Holland. 15. An Act to continue until the Thirty-first Day of May One thousand eight hundred and thirty-eight, and to the End of the then next Session of Parliament, the Allowances of the Duty of Excise on Soap used in certain Manufactures. Ibid. 16. An Act for altering and amending the Law regarding Commitments by Courts of Equity for Contempts, and the taking Bills pro Confesso, in Ireland.
26 17. An Act to extend to Ireland certain Provisions of an Act made and passed in the First Year of His present Majesty's Reign, intituled An Act for consolidating and amending the Laws relating to Property belonging to Infants, Femes Covert, Lunatics, and Persons of unsound Mind.
18. An Act to exempt Carriages carrying Manure from Toll. 40 19. An Act to amend and consolidate the Laws relating to the Merchant Seamen of the United Kingdom, and for forming and maintaining a Register of all the Men engaged in that Service. Ibid.
20. An Act to consolidate certain Offices in the Collection of the Revenues of Stamps and Taxes, and to amend the Laws relating thereto.
21. An Act to amend and alter an Act of the Fifty-ninth Year of His late Majesty King George the Third, for vesting in Commissioners the Line of Road from Shrewsbury in the County of Salop to Bangor Ferry in the County of Carnarvon; and for discharging the Trustees under several Acts of the Seventeenth, Twenty eighth, Thirty-sixth, Forty-first, Forty-second, Forty-seventh, and Fiftieth Years of His then present Majesty, from the future Repair and Maintenance thereof, and for repealing so much of the said Acts as affects the said Line of Road. Page 76
22. An Act to continue for Three Years, and from thence to the End of the then next Session of Parliament, Two Acts of the Second and Third Year and the Third and Fourth Year of His present Majesty, relating to the Care and Treatment of Insane Persons in England.
23. An Act for the Establishment of Loan Societies in England and Wales; and to extend the Provisions of the Friendly Societies Acts to the Islands of Guernsey, Jersey, and Man. 91 24. An Act for the Encouragement of the voluntary Enlistment of Seamen, and to make Regulations for more effectually manning His Majesty's Navy.
94 25. An Act to extend the Accommodation by the Post to and from Foreign Parts, and for other Purposes relating to the Post Office.
98 26. An Act for the Appointment of convenient Places for the holding of Assizes in Ireland.
27. An Act to continue and amend certain Regulations for the Linen and Hempen Manufactures in Ireland. 115 28. An Act for removing Doubts as to the Declaration to be made and Oaths to be taken by Persons appointed to the Office of Sheriff of any City or Town, being a County of itself. 127 29. An Act for investing in Government Securities a Portion of the Cash lying unemployed in the Bank of England belonging to Bankrupts Estates, and applying the Interest thereon in discharge of the Expences of the Court of Bankruptcy, and for the Relief of the Suitors in the said Court; and for removing Doubts as to the Extent of the Powers of the Court of Review and of the Subdivision Courts.
30. An Act for protecting the Revenues of vacant Ecclesiastical Dignities, Prebends, Canonries, and Benefices without Cure of Souls, and for preventing the Lapse thereof, during the pending Inquiries respecting the State of the Established Church in England and Wales.
31. An Act to give Effect and Validity to certain Contracts and Presentments for repairing and keeping in repair certain Public Roads in Ireland and the Sureties entered into for the Execution thereof.
32. An Act to impose certain Duties on Tea.
33. An Act for preventing the vexatious Removal of Indictments into the Court of King's Bench; and for extending the Provisions of an Act of the Fifth Year of King William and Queen Mary, for preventing Delays at the Quarter Sessions of the