« AnteriorContinua »
LENOX. H. M.
1. Yes, the Re-deem-er rose; The Sa-viour left the dead; And o'er our hell-ish
The Saviour left the dead; And o'er our hellish foes
guards a-round, Fall to
to the ground, and sink a - way, Fall
wild dis- may, the guards a - round, Fall to
High raised His conquering head. In wild dismay, the guards around, Fall to the ground, and sink away.
2. Lo! the angelic bands
In full assembly meet,
3. Then back to heaven they fly, The joyful news to bear:
In wild dismay the guards around Fall to the ground and
In wild dismay the
In wild dismay the guards around Fall
and sink the ground, and sink
the ground, and sink
Hark! as they soar on high,
4. Ye mortals, catch the sound,
Redeemed by Him from hell;
The globe on which you dwell;
Who sav'st us with Thy blood!
Thou, rising, reigning God.
260. L. M.
2. There His triumphal chariot waits,
The powers of hell are cap-tive led, Dragged to the portals of
3. Loose all your bars of massy light,
And wide unfold the ethereal scene; He claims these mansions as His right; Receive the King of glory in.
4. "Who is the King of glory, who?"—
The Lord that all our foes o'ercame; That sin, and death, and hell o'erthrew; And Jesus is the Conqueror's name.
5. Lo! His triumphal chariot waits,
And angels chant the solemn lay:"Lift up your heads, ye heavenly gates! Ye everlasting doors! give way."
6. "Who is the King of glory, who?"
The Lord of boundless power possessed;
261. L. M.
1. HAIL! morning known among the blest,Morning of hope, and joy, and love,— Of heavenly peace, and holy rest,
Pledge of the endless rest above.
2. Blest be the Father of our Lord,
Who from the dead hath brought His Son,
3. Scarce morning twilight had begun To chase the shades of night away,
When Christ arose-unsetting sun-
4. Mercy looked down with smiling eye,
5. Descend, O Spirit of the Lord!
Thy fire to every bosom bring,
262. L. M.
1. HOSANNA to the living Lord!
2. Hosanna, Lord! Thine angels cry;
3. O Saviour! with protecting care,
4. But, chiefest, in our cleansed breast,
5. So, in the last and dreadful day,
When earth and heaven shall melt away,