« AnteriorContinua »
HERALD ANGELS. 7s.
1. Hark! the her-ald an-gels sing, Hark! the her-ald angels sing, "Glo-ry to
new-born King; Peace on earth, and mer-cy mild,-God and sinners re
1. HARK! the herald-angels sing: "Glory to the new-born King; Peace on earth, and mercy mild; God and sinners reconciled."
2. Joyful, all ye nations! rise,
3. Mild He lays His glory by,
Born that man no more may die;
4. Hail! the heaven-born Prince of peace!
5. Let us then with angels sing:
204. 8s & 7s.
1. SHEPHERDS! hail the wondrous stranger;
2. Christ, by prophets long-predicted, Joy of Israel's chosen race; Light to Gentiles long-afflicted,
Lost in error's darkest maze.
Arranged from DK. ARNOLD.
2. Under Thy protection take;
Songs in the night season give;
3. Loose me from the chains of sense,
4. In me, Lord, Thyself reveal;
Fill me with a sweet surprise;
BENNET. C. M.
1. While shepherds watch'd their flocks by night, All seat-ed on the ground; The
206. C. M.
2. "Fear not," said he-for mighty dread
3. "To you, in David's town, this day,
The Saviour, who is Christ, the Lord,
4. "The heavenly babe you there shall find, To human view displayed,
All meanly wrapped in swathing bands,
an-gel of the Lord came down, And glo-ry shone around, And glory shone a-round.
5. Thus spake the seraph; and forthwith
6. "All glory be to God on high,
207. C. M.
1. AWAKE-awake the sacred song
Let every heart, and every tongue,
2. That awful Word, that sovereign Power,
4. Lord! send the gracious tidings forth,
AMALAND. 8s & 7s.
1. Hark! what mean those ho-ly voi - ces,
Lo! th'angelic host re- joi - ces; Heavenly hallelujahs rise.
Sweetly sounding thro' the skies?
Hear them chant,
8s & 7s.
2. Hear them tell the wondrous story,
the highest glory! Glory be
3. "Peace on earth, good-will from heaven,
Hear them chant in hymns of joy,
2. Hear them
211. 8s & 7s.
1. "LORD, Thy glory fills the heaven; Earth is with its fullness stored; Unto Thee be glory given,
Holy, holy, holy Lord!"
Heaven is still with anthems ringing:
"Lord of hosts, the Lord most High!" 2. Ever thus in God's high praises,
Brethren, let our tongues unite,
With His holy church below,
Bid we thus our anthem flow:
Holy, holy, holy Lord!
Thee, the Lord our God most High!"
2. Praise the Lord-for He hath spoken; Worlds His mighty voice obeyed; Laws which never shall be broken,
For their guidance He hath made.
213. Ss & 7s.
1. PRAISE the Lord! ye heavens, adore Him;
3. Praise the Lord-for He is glorious;
4. Praise the God of our salvation,
Hosts on high His power proclaim; Heaven and earth, and all creation, Laud and magnify His name! Hallelujah, Amen.
ANDOVER. 8s & 7s.
1. The scene around me disappears, And, borne to ancient regions, While time recalls the
flight of years, I see ann-gel-ic le-gions Descending in an orb of light, A
214. 8s & 7s. Peculiar.
1. THE scene around me disappears,
2. Tidings, glad tidings from above,
To man He sends salvation;
midst the dark and silent night, I hear ce-lestial voices, I hear ce-lestial voices.
3. Through David's city I am led;
Where lonely watch is keeping:
4. It is; it is;-and I adore
This Stranger meek and lowly,
My Lord, my God, my Saviour!