« AnteriorContinua »
1. Oh, exiled Par a dise, Oh, how we long for thee! When wilt thou D. C. Oh, for thy smiling hills, With gush of clear cascade! For ever
robe the earth? When plant life's heal -ing tree? Thou hast fresh blooming vales, Where flowing rills, By living waters made!
2. Oh for thy fragrant flowers,
That bloom through all the year!
The wilderness to cheer!
And to Mount Zion come!
And shout the harvest home!
In praises to the King
3. Jesus shall ever reign!
When His bright kingdom comes
Before His dazzling thrones!
Shall hide her silver ray,
Rejoice in glorious day!
Oh, how we long for thee!
glittering fountains play, And sweet sequestered dales Hid in thy groves a-way!
To God, their gracious Lord,
Who called them to the skies: They all are there-in heavenSafe, safe, and sweetly blest; No cloud of sin can dim
Their bright and holy rest.
Repeat the last half of the stanza for the D C.
HOLY CITY. 7s & 68.
1. There is a holy city,
1261. 7s & 6s.
re-gions, Built by the God of love; An
saints arrayed in white, There serve their great Redeemer, And dwell with Him in light.
3. Is this the Man of sorrows,
A happy world above, Be-yond the starry
Arr. from a Western Melody.
He seems a mighty conqueror,
4. The hosts of saints around Him
And all the godly race,
And tortures on their way-
5. And what shall be my journey,
Are not for me to know;
I'll raise my thoughts on high;
MT. BLANC. 6s & 7s.
1. We are on our journey home, Where Christ our Lord is gone; We shall meet around His throne, When He
makes His people one
1262. 7s & 6s.
2. We can see that distant home,
From the new Jerusalem.
3. O glory shining far
From the never setting Sun!
In the new,
1263. 7s & 6s.
2. We shall have a mighty shout,
In the new
GLORY. 7s & 6s.
1. We shall see a light appear, By and by, when He comes; We shall see him full and
5. Our hearts are breaking now
In the new Je-ru- sa - lem.
4. O holy, heavenly home!
clear, By and by, when he comes; Ride on, Jesus, O ride on! We are on our journey home.
3. Then shall blaze earth's funeral pyre,
By and by, when He comes.
EDEN. 12s & 11s.
shroud-ed, My happiness per-fect, my mind's sky unclouded, - bound-ed, And range with delight thro' the
En - circled with light, and with glo- ry en -
1267, Ils & 12s.
2. While angelic legions, with harps tuned celestial,
Who brought us thro' grace to the Eden of Love.
yon bliss - ful
3. Then hail, blessed state! hail, ye songsters of glory!
"Salvation from sorrow, through Jesus's love;"