« AnteriorContinua »
FELLOWSHIP AND COMMUNION.
696. C. M.
1. SWEET is the prayer whose holy stream
2. Faith grasps the blessing she desires, Hope points the upward gaze; And love, untrembling love, inspires The eloquence of praise.
3. But sweeter far the still small voice,
4. Nor accents flow, nor words ascend;
697. C. M.
1. THE bud will soon become a flower,
2. Do thy best always-do it now-
3. The sun and rain will ripen fast Each seed that thou hast sown, And every act and word at last By its own fruit be known.
4. And soon the harvest of thy toil,
698. C. M.
1. Thou art my hiding-place, O Lord,
2. I have no argument beside
3. When storms of fierce temptation beat, And furious foes assail,
My refuge is the mercy-seat,