« AnteriorContinua »
because it is the Price of 27. To God only wilc, be Glory Blood. And they took Coun through Jejus choruje for ever. A fel, and bought with them 1 Cor. i. 17. For Christ sent me the Potters Field, to bury not to baptize, but to preach the Strangers in. Wherefore that Gospel : not with Wisdom of
Words, left the Cross of Chrift Field was called the FIELD shouid be made of none Effeat. OF BLOOD unto this Day.
18. For the PREACHING of the Then was fulfilled that
Cross is to them that perish, Fool
ISHNESS : but unto us which are which was spoken by Jeremy saved, it is the Power of God. the Prophet, saying, And 23. But we preach Christ CRUCIthey took the thirty Pieces of EP, unto the Jews a Stumbing.
block, and unto the Greeks FoolSilver, the Price of him that was valued, whom they of 24. But unto theni which are the Children of Israel' did called, both 7:ws and Grecks, Chrift
the Power of God, and the Wis. value, and gave them for the dom of God. Potter's Field, as the Lord 27. But God hath chosen the appointed them.
FOOLISH Things of the World, to confound the wise; and God hath
chosen the weak Things of the ဝ
World, to confound the Things which are MIGHTY.
28. And BASE Things of the CHRIST is accused before World, and Things which are ce
spised, hath God chosen, yea, and Pontius Pilate of Sedition, Thir.gs which are not, to bring to and affecting the King- nought
Things that are :
29. That no Flesh Ihould GLOdom. His excellent Con- Ry in his presence. felion. Publick Tefti- gefur
, Whoot of "God is made unio
30. But of bim are mony of Innocence given is WISDOM, and Righteousnets of him by Pilate.
and Sanctification, and Redemp. tion :
31. That, according as it is writND they themselves
ten, He that GLORIETH, let liim
GLORY in the Lord. went not into the
Chap. ii. 2. For I determined not Judgment - Hall, left they to know any thing among you, fave should be defiled: but that
Jefru Chrift, and him CRUCIFIED.
6. Howbeit we speak WISDOM they might eat the Passover. among them that are perfetto Pilate then went out unto not the WISDOM of this World, them, and said, What Ac- nor of the Princes of this World,
that come to NOUGHT. cusation bring you against 7. But we speak the Wisdom of this Man ? They answered. God in a MYSTERY, even the hidand said unto him, If he den Wisdom which God ordained
before the World unto our Glory, were not a Malefactor, we
8. Which none of the Princes of would not have delivered this world knew : For hat they him up unto thee. Then known it, they would not have said Pilate unto them, Take crucified the Lord of GLORY.
ye him, and judge him ac. 9. But as it is written, Eye hath
not cording to your Law. The hat feen, nor Ear
have entred into the HEART of Fews therefore said unto him, Man, the Things which God hath It is not lawful for us to put prepared for them that love him.
2 Cor. v. 18. All Things are of any Man to Death. That
God, who hath reconciled us to the Saying of Jesus might himself by Jefus Christ, and hath be fulfilled, which he spake, given to us the Ministry of Reconfignifying what Death he ciliation ;
19. Tó wit, that God was in should die. [M.] And fe- Chrift
, reconciling the World unto Sus stood before the Gover- himself, not imputing their Trefnour ; (L.) and they began passes unto them, and hath com
mitted unto us the Word of Reconto accuse him, saying, We ciliation. found this Fellow perverting 20. Now then we are AMBASSAthe Nation, and forbidding did beseech you
by us : we pray
DORS for Christ, as though God to give Tribute to Cæfar, you in Chrifi's stead, be ye reconsaying, that he himself is ciled to God : Christ a King. [7.] Then
21. For he hath made him to be Pilate entred into the Judg: we might be made the Righteoul
Sin for us, who knew no Sin ; that ment-Hall again, and called ness of God in him. Fesus, and said unto him,
Gal. i. 3. Grace be to you, and Art thou the King of the Peace from God the Father, and
from our Lord Jesus Chrift, Fere's ? Jesus answered him,
4. Who GAVE himself for our Sayft thou this Thing of thy Sins, that he might deliver us from self, or did others tell it
this present evil World, according
to the Will of God, and our fac thee of me? Pilate answer- ther. ed, Am I a few? Thine Chap. ii. 19. For I through the own Nation, and the Chief Law am dead to the Law, that I
might Live unto God. Priests, have delivered thee
20. I am CRUCIFIED with Chrift: unto me: What hast thou nevertheless I live ; yet not I, but done? Jesus answered, My Chrif liveth in me : And the Lite
which I now live in the Flesh, I' KINGDOM is not of this live by the Faith of the Son of WORLD: If my Kingdom God : who loved me, and gave were of this World, then himself for me.
21. I do not frustrate the Grace would
Servants fight, of God: For if RightEOUSNESS
my that I should not be deliver- come by the Law, then Christ is ed to the Jews : But now is dead in vain. my Kingdom not from hence. deemed us from the Curse of the
Chap. iij. 13. Chrift hath rePilate therefore said unto Law, being made a Gurse for us : him, Art thou a King then ? For it is written, Cursed is every Fefus answered, (.) and one that hangeth on a Tree.
Chap. iv. 4. But when the Fulfaid unto him, (J.] Thou ness of the Tinie was come, God says that I am a King. To sent forth his Son made of a Wothis End was I born, and man, made under the Law,
5. To redeem them that were unfor this Cause came I into der the Law, thas we might rethe
the World, that I should bare ceive the Avortion of Sons. witness unto the TRUTH : hath Tent forth the SPIRIT of his
6. And becausc ye are Sons, God Every one that is of the Son into your Hearts, crying, Abba, Truth, heareth my Voice. Father. Pilate faith unto him, What Ephef. ii. 1. And you hach he is Truth? And when he had Trespasses and Sins,
QUICKNED, who were dead in said this, he went out again 2. 'Wherein in Time past ye unto the Jews, and faith walked, according to the COURSE [I.] to the Chief Priests Prince of the Power of the Air, and to the People, [F] l the Spirit that now worketh in find no Fault at all, (L.] no
the Children of Disobedience. Fault in this Man. [Mr.]
3. Among whom also we all had
our Converlation in Times paft, in And the Chief Priests accused the Lusts of our Flesh, FULFILhim of many Things, [M] LING the Desires of the Flesh, and and when he was accused of the Children of Wrath, even 3 the Chief Priests and Elders, ochers. he answered nothing : (Mr.]
13. But now in Cbrift Foru, And Pilate asked him again, made NIGH by the Blood of Chrift.
who were sometimes far off, are saying (M.] unto him, [Mr.] 14. For he is our Peace, who Answereft thou nothing hath made ROTH ONE,
and hath [M.]Heareft thou not?
[Mr.] Partition between us ;
broken down the middle Wall of Behold, how many Things
15. Having abolished in his they witness against thee. Flesh the Enmity, even the Law But Jefus yet (M.) answer of Commandments, contained in ed him to never a Word, in- of twain, one new Man, so mak
Ordinances, for to make in himself, fomuch that the Governour ing Peace marvelled greatly.
16. And that he might reconcile both unto God in one Bopy by the
CROSS, baving flain the ENMITY ************* thereby :
17. And came and preached Peace
to you which were atar off, and to CHRIST is led unto He- them that were nigh,
18. For through him we boch rod, and mocked.
have an Access by one Spiric unto
the Father. ND they were the less than the least of all Saints, is
Chap. iji. 8. Unto me, who am more fierce, say- this Grace given, that I thould ing, He stirreth up the Peo- preach among the Gentiles the un
fearchable Riches of Christ. ple, teaching throughout all
9. And to make all Men see, what Fury, beginning from Ga- is the Fellowship of the Mystery, lilee to this place. When which from the Beginning of the Pilate heard of Galilee, created ALLTHING s by Jesus Corit:
World hach been hid in God, who he asked whether the Man
jo. To the Intent that now unto were a Galilean. And as soon the Principalities and Powers in as he knew that he belong; by the Church 'the manifold Wis
heavenly Places, might be known ed som of God,
ed to Herod's Jurisdi&tion,
11. According to the eternal Pur. he fent him to Herod, who pore, which
he purposed in Chrift
7efres our Lord : himself was also at ferusa- 12. In whom we havc Boldness lem at that Time. And and Access with Confidence by the when Herod saw Jesus, he Faith of him.
14. For this Cause I bow my was exceeding glad, for he Knees unto the Father of our Lord was desirous to see him of a Jesus Chrift, long Season, because he had
15. Ot whom the whole Family
in Heaven and Earth is named, heard many Things of him, 16, That he would grant you and he hoped to have seen according to the Riches of his Glosome Miracle done by him. y, to beitrengthened with Might, Then he questioned with by his Spirit in the inner Man;
17. That Christ may dwell in bim in many Words, but he your Hearts by Faith; that ye answered him nothing. And being rooted and grounded in Love, the Chief Priests and Scribes with all SAINTS, what is the
18. May be able to comprehend stood, and vehemently ac- Breadth, and Length, and Depth, cused him. And Herod and Height; with his Men of War fet
19 And to know the Love of
Christ, which passeth Knowledge; him at nought, and mocked that ye might be filled with all the him, and arayed him in a Fulness of God.
20. Now unto him that is able to gorgeous Robe, and sent
do exceeding abundantly above all him again to Pilate. And that we ask, or THINK, according the same Day Pilatc and to the Power that worketh in us, Herod were made Friends
21. Unto him be GLORY in the
Church by Christ Jesus, throughout together ; for before they all Ages, World without End. Awere at ÉNMITY between men. themselves.
Ephes. v. 25. Chrif LOVED the Church, and gave himself for it :
26. That he might SANCTIFY $$$$$$460.;$$$$$ and cleanse it, with the washing of
Water, by the WORD,
27: That he might present it to Pilate telling the Jews, that himself a GLORIOVs Church,
noc having examined Jesus, Thing, but that it should be holy and be found no Fault in without
Phil. ii. s. Let this Mind be in him, and therefore be
you, which was also in Chrift fewould release bim.Where- jus; upon they cry out, Cru- God, thought it not Robbery to be
6. Who being in the Form of cify bim; and desire that, EQUAL with God.
7. But made himfelf of no Reaccording to Custom, Ba
pucacion, and took upon him the rabbas a Murderer might FORM of a Servant, and was inade
in the Likeness of Men : be released. CHRIST
8. And being found in Fashion being scourged, is con- as a Man, he HUMOL Ev himself
, demned to be crucified.
and became obedient unto Death,
even the Death of the Cross, [L.] AND
9. Wherefore God also hath high[2.] AND Pilate, when Karne Whichima band giren him
he had called toge- 10. That at the Name of Jesus ther the Chief PRIESTS, every Knee should bow, of Things and the Rulers, and the in Heaven, and Things in Earth,
and Things under the Earth; People, said unto unto them,
u. And that every TONGUE Ye have brought this Man should confess, that Jesus Christ is unto me, as one that
LORD, to the Glory of God the
Father. verteth the People; and be- Col. i. 12. Giving Thanks unto hold, I having EXAMIN- the Father, which hath made us ED him before
you, have meet to be partakers of the INHEfound NO FAULT in this
RITANCE of the Saints in Light:
13. Who hath delivered us from Man, touching those Things the Power of DARKNESS, and whereof ye accuse him : No, hath translated us into the King
DOM of his dear Son : nor yet Herod; for I fent
54. In whom we have REDEMP. you to him, and lo, nothing tion through his Blood, even the worthy of Death is done un- Forgiveness of Sins. to him. I will therefore
20. And (having made Peace
through the Blood of the Cross) CHASTISE him, and RE- by him to reconcile all Things unLEASE him. [M.) Now at to himself, by him, i fay, whether the Feast the Governour was
they be Things in Earth, or Things
in Heaven, wont to release to the People
21. And you that were some time (Mr.) one Prisoner,' whom- alienated, and Enemies in your foever [M.] they [ Mr.] de- Mind by wicked Works, yet now
hrath he RECONCILED, fired. M.] And they had
22. In the body of his Flesi, then a notable Prisoner, (Mr.] through Death, to present you honamed Barabbas, which lay my and unblaricable, and parebound with them that had proveable in his Sight.
Chap. ii. 13. And you being made Insurrection with him, Dean in your Sins, and the Cowho had committed Murs circumcision of your Flesh, hath be DER in the Insurrection. haying forgiven you all Trespaties
QUICKNED together with him, [.M1.) Therefore when they 14. BLOTTING out the Handwere gathered together, Pis writing of Ordinances, that was Late faid unto them, [7.] against us, which was contrary to Ye have a Custom that I mailing it to his Cross:
1s, and took it out of the way, should release unto you one 15. And having spoiled Principa. at the Paffover. [Mír.] And lities and Powers, he made a Shew
of them openly, TRIUSIPHING the Multitude crying aloud, over them in it. began to defire himn to do as 1 Thell: iv. 14. For if we believe he had ever done unto them. that Jefus pied, and rose again, But Pilate answered them, Jesus, will God bring with him.
cven so them also which feep in saying, Will ye that I release Chap. v. 9. For God hath noc unto you the King of the appointed us to Wrath ; but to coFews? (M.] whom will tain SalvATION by our Lord Jesus