« AnteriorContinua »
shadowed them: and behold, the Power and Coming of our a Voice out of the Cloud, witnesses of his MAJESTY.
Lord Jesus Christ, but werc Eyewhich faid, This is my be- 17. For he received from God LOVED Son, in whom I am the Father Honour and GLORY,
when there came such a Voice to well pleafed; hear ye him.
him from the EXCELLENT GLO6. And when the Disciples ry, This is my BELOVED Son, in heard it, they fell on their whom I am well pleased.
18. And this Voice which came Face, and were fore afraid.
from Heaven, we heard, when we 7. And Jesus came and were with him in the holy Mount. touched them, and said, A. rise, and be not afraid.
8. And when they had lift up their Eyes, they saw no Man, fave Fesus only.
9. And as they came down from the Mountain, Jesus charged them, saying, Tell the Vision to no Man, until the Son of Man be B ISEN again from the Dead.
7. After the High Priest and Council of the Jews had
determined to kill him.
John xii. 20. And there were certain Greeks among them, that came up to worship at the Feast:
21. The same came therefore to Philip, and desired him, saying, Sir, we would see Jesus.
22. Philip cometh and telleth Andrew; and again, Andrew and Philip told Jesus.
23. And Jesus answered them, saying, The Hour is come, that the Son of Man should be GLORIFIED.
28. Father, glorify thy Name. Then came there a Voice from Heaven, saying, I have both GLORIFIED it, and will GLORIFY it again.
29. The People therefore that stood by, and heard it, faid that it thundred: others said, An Angel spake to him.
30. Fefus answered and said, This Voice came not because of me, but for your fakes.
31. Now is the Judgment of this World; now shall the Prince of this world be cast out.
32. And I, if I be lifted up from the Earth, will draw all Men unto me.
8. At bis Death.
Matt. xxvii. 45. Now from the fixth Hour there was Darkness over all the Land unto the ninth H our.
:50. Feus, 50. Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud Voice, yielded up the Ghost.
51. And behold, the Vail of the Temple was rent in twain from the Top to the Bottom; and the Earth did quake, and the Rocks rent,
52. And the Graves were opened, and many Bodies of Saints which slept, arose,
53. And came out of the Graves after his Resurrection, and went into the holy City, and appeared unto many.
54. Now when the Centurion, and they that were with him, watching Jefus, faw the Earthquake, and those Things that were done, they feared greatly, saying, Truly this was the Son of God.
9. By the Angels that made known his Resurrection.
Like xxiv. 4. And it came to pass, as they were much perplexed thereabout, behold, two Men stood by them in Mining Garments.
5. And as they were afraid, and bowed down their Faces to the Earth, they said unto them, Why seek
the Living among the Dead ? 6. He is not here, but is
Rom. i. 1. Paul a Servant of JeRISEN : Remember how he fils Christ
, called to be an Apostle, spake unto you when he separated unto che Gospel of Gon,
2. (Which he promised afore by yet in Galilee,
his Prophets in the Holy Scriptures) 7. Saying, The Son of
3. Concerning his Son Jesus Man must be delivered into Christ our Lord, which was made the Hands of finful Men, and of the seed of David according to
the be crucified, and the third
4. And declared to be the SON OF Day rise again.
God with POWER, according to 8. And they remembred the Spirit of Holiness, by the rehis Words.
SURRECTION from the Dead.
10. Christ cppears to his Disciples upoil the Mount
before his Ajcenfioil, where they worship him.
Matt. xxviii. 16. Then the eleven Disciples went away into Galilee, into a Mountain where Jesus had appointed them.
17. And when they saw him, they worshipped him ; but fome doubicd.
18. And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All Power is given unto me in Heaven and in Earth.
19. Go ye therefore and teach all Nations, baptizing them in the Name of the FATHER, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost :
20. Teaching them to observe all Things whatsoever I have commanded you : and lo, I am with you alway, even unto the End of the World. Amen.
11. Two Angels appear in human Shape to the Apostles,
at our Saviour's Ascension.
A&ts i. 10. And while they looked stedfastly toward Heaven, as he went up, behold, two Men stood by them in white Apparel ;
11. Which also said, Ye Men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into Heaven ? This same Jesus which is taken up from you into Heaven, shall so come, in like manner as ye have seen him go into Heaven.
III. Our Saviour himself, upon many Occasions and
Disputes with the Scribes and Pharisees, avows his Deity, and that he was the Messiah they so long expe&ted.
1. Upon the healing the Impotent Man at the Pool
of Bethesda. John V. I. ESUS answered them, My Father worketh hi
therto, and I work. 18. Therefore the Jews fought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the Sabbath, but said also, that God was his FATHER, making himself EQUAL with Gon.
19. Then answered Jesus, Whatsoever Things the FATHER doth, these also doth the Son likewise.
21. For as the Father RAISETH up the Dead, and QUICKNETK them
; even so the Son QUICKNETH whom he will.
John viii. 24. I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your Sins : for if ye believe not that I am He, ye shall die in your Sins.
28. Then said Fesus unto them, When ye have lift up the Son of Man, then shall ye know that I am He, and that I do nothing of my self; but as my FATHER hath taught me, I speak these Things.
38. I speak that which I have seen with my FATHER: and ye do that which ye have seen with your Father.
51. Verily, verily I say unto you, If a Man keep my Saying, he shall never fee DEATH.
53. The Jews said, Art thou greater than our Father Abraham, which is dead?
56. Jesus answered, Your Father Abraham rejoiced to see my Day; and he saw it, and was glad.
57. Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty Years old, and hast thou feen Abraham?
58. Fesus said unto them, Verily, verily I say unto you,
Exod. iii. 14. I AM THAT I AM. Before Abraham was, I AM.
Chap. xiii. 19. Now I tell Ifai. xliii. 10. Ye are my Wityou before it come, that when Nesses, faith the Lord, and my
Servant whom I have chosen : chat it is come to pass, ye may ye may know and believe nie, and BELIEVE that I AM HE. understand that I AM HE : Before
me there was no God formed, nei
ther shall there be after me. 12. I have declared, and have saved, and I have shewed, when there was no strange God among you : cherefore ye are my Witnesses, faith the Lord, that I AM GOD.
2. Our Saviour avows his Deity before the High Priest.
Matt. xxvi. 63. But Jesus held his Peace. And the High Priest answered and said unto him, I adjure thee by the Living God, that thou tell us, whether thou be the Cbrift the Son of God.
64. Fejus faith unto him, Thou hast said : Nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall ye see the Son of Man fitting on the Right Hand of Power, and coming in the Clouds of Heaven.
65. Then the High Priest rent his Cloaths, saying, He hath spoken Blasphemy; what further need have we of Witnefes ? behold, now ye have heard his Blasphemy.
66. What think ye? They answered and said, He is guilty of Death.
John John xix. 6. When the Chief Priests therefore and Officers saw him, they cried out, saying, Crucify him, crucify him. Pilate faith unto them, Take ye him, and crucify him ; for I find no Fault in him.
7. The fews answered him, We have a Law, and by our Law he ought to die, because he made himself the Son of God.
Luke xxii. 66. And as soon as it was Day, the Elders of the People, and the Chief Priests and the Scribes came together, and led him into their Council,
67. Saying, Art thou the Christ ? tell us. And he said unto them, If I tell you, you will not believe.
68. And if I also ask you, you will not answer me, nor
69. Hereafter shall ye fee the Son of Man fit on the right Hand of the Power of God.
70. Then said they all, Art thou then the Son of God? And he said unto them, Ye say that I am.
71. And they said, What need we any further Witness? for we our felves have heard of his own Mouth.
let me go.