« AnteriorContinua »
WHEREAS salt is an article which enters into the daily consumption of
Resolved, That, from and after the 30th day of September next, the duty
Resolved, That the Committee on Ways and Means be instructed to pre, are and report a bill in conformity with the foregoing resolution.
STOCKHOLDERS, &c. BANK UNITED STATES.
MAY 26, 1830.
WAYNE submitted the following Resolutions, in relation to the Stock
holders of the Bank United States, &c. Resolved, That the Secretary of the Treasury be directed to procure, the Bank of the United States, and to furnish this House, on or before first day of January next, with the names of the persons, corporate es, private companies, or copartnerships, who shall be the owners of k in the Bank of the United States, on the first day of November next,
the number of shares held by individuals, corporations, companies, or rtnerships, distinguishing the States of the Union, or the countries, in h said stockholders may reside; and, as far as practicable, showing how y widows, orphans, minors, and unmarried females, in the United States Owners of stock in the said Bank.
With a statement of the number of persons in the employment of said k, and its branches, their names, wages, or salaries, the amount of secugiven by each person so employed, and who shall be the securities of persons on the first day of November next.
With a statement of the amount of specie imported into the United es, by the Bank of the United States; the amounts exported, and for t objects; showing the cost of that imported, and the arrangements for uring it; whether by bills of exchange, by pledges of stock of the ted States held and owned by the Bank of the United States, or by other k of corporate bodies owned by or pledged to said Bank.
With a statement of the funds which the Bank of the United States I have in Europe, on the first day of November next; showing the difint kinds, and that which the Bank shall deem equivalent to specie.
With a statement of the amount of specie received or drawn by the ik of the United States from incorporated banks, in the States, and in District of Columbia, distinguishing the amounts from each, at the time United States Bank was carried into operation, or for the purpose of rying the same into operation, or upon the establishment of any branches he said Bank; with the amount of specie in the vaults of said Bank when
same began its operations, or began discounting, and the amount of the ital of said Bank assigned to its branches, and the changes which the same re undergone in this regard, since the establishment of said branches. 3. With a statement of the amount of bills or notes of the Banks incorrated by the State Legislatures, acquired by the Bank of the United States 1 its branches, distinguishing the manner the same was acquired by the nk of the United States, when not by deposite, and which have been reemed by said Banks, from week to week, or at other intervals, as may
have been stipulated between the Bank of the United States and such a Banks, showing the contracts with each for the redemption of the note bills of each, and the amount of interest paid by said Banks to the Bari the United States, upon bills or notes not redeemed when the ime lated for their redemption had arrived.
7. With a statement of the profit received or made by the Bank United States, for premiums upon bills of exchange, or upon drane checks, between the States, and between the United States and forec tions, and the rates of exchange established by said Bank, from tizen II and upon what general rule the Bank fixes said rates.
8. With a stalement of the amount of funds of the United Stateira on deposite at the Bank of the United States and its branches; denie. ing the same as to time and amounts, by months or quarters, begins the first deposite made on account of the United States in said Bein ending at the expiration of the month or quarter preceding the first * November next.
9. With a statement of the sums transmitted by the Bank of the IC: States for the Government of the United States, from and to ha per the times when done, the mode of transfer, and what has been the cas any, for doing the same, to the Bank of the United States.
10. With a statement of the amount of loans made by the Backa United States to the Government of the United States; moneys adren when, and for what purposes, and whether by law or joint resolutie ach: gress, or upon the request of any functionary of the Governmer! United States, with the amount of interest paid by the Governaise United States to said Bank upon loans or money advanced.
11. With a statement of the amount of bills or notes which the Beris the United States shall have in circulation, or on deposite, at the BPhiladelphia, and its branches, on the first day of November erst guishing them into the several kinds by what officers sigued
, and payable. 12. With a statement of the different kinds of stock pledged to
, at á time owned by, the Bank of the United States, in any other bank, a or canal company, particularly distinguishing how the same was 70% by way of pledge for loans, or otherwise, made at any time since the
13. With a statement of the transfers of stock of said Bank to the be began its operations, and which it shall hold on the first day of North next.
14. With a statement of the real estate owned by the Bank of the States in the States of the Union, and in the District of Columbia situated, and the value affixed to the same by the Bank of the United such way as he may deem most suitable to accomplish the objects
Resolved, That the Secretary of the Treasury be directed to process give to this House the most definite information upon the subject ment of the number of incorporated Banks in the United States and District of Columbia, with the amount of capital of each; to what they are permitted to discount, by the charters of each; and that t's Banks be requested to give the average annual discounts of each, try. furnished this House on or before the first day of January. nest.